Boo Baskets are a fun treat you place in a bag or basket to give a neighbor. You place it on their door step ring the bell and run away. We actually leave a tag that it‘s from us because lets face it everyone has a ring these days and the kids almost always want a play date. You can add what ever you like from treats, games and candy to maybe a treat for mom and dad. This is a great way to say hi to a new neighbor or anyone you already know. Watch out for a sign on their door that says they have been boo’d, if you see one move on to the next house so everyone gets to have some fun!
PRINT THESE OUT TO USE IN YOUR BOO BASKETS!
Honestly I love to be prepared for holiday traditions, sometimes buying things so far in advance I totally forget they are there. With a big family that can get hard to do. Sometimes I am on the fly last minute shopping for Halloween costumes and other fun activities like these BOO Baskets. Guess what, sometimes those are our favorite memories! Here is what I grabbed for my BOO Basket last minute that worked like a charm! I wasn't stressed, it took me just a few minutes to throw together and just like that my little crazies where off in the neighborhood ringing door bells and enjoying the fun.
TARGET IS YOUR BESTIE!
- Halloween party supplies work amazing and then the rest I tossed into the candy bucket for any trick-or-treater not wanting candy. I grabbed bubbles, markers, fake teeth and weird fingers.
- Squishies, plastic skulls and GLOW STICKS. Glow sticks are super cheap and kids love them! if Target is all out check the dollar store they always have them on hand when I am on a last minute search.
- Any bucket, box or trick or treat bag you have on hand or can grab for cheap!
- I had boo basket cut outs left over but you can print them out from here or get some online. I got mine in the Target Doll Spot a couple years ago and stocked up.
- Add Candy! You might have it for trunk or treat or upcoming trick or treat but add some candy you love to top it off
- If you know the family like we do, add a treat for mom or dad that you drop by after! I always swing back over with a little bubbly. It is such a fun tradition our neighbors do and it makes my day every time so I love to spread the word.
It might seem like a super simple Boo Basket but I think thats what we need sometimes. Don‘t overthink it and miss out, sometimes simple and easy is just as fun and almost always more achievable. We have bigger things to worry about than a perfect basket of treats, the goal is to have fun and celebrate with a neighbor however it works for you!